Friday, October 17, 2014

Black People Are Extra as Hell and I Love It

If you were to go through my Whatsapp saved photos you would be either utterly appalled or completely amused by it.  The random f*ckery that my girlfriend and I share through messenger is worthy of some judgment.  My phone drive is filled to the brim with memes, Instagram screenshots, and ridiculous tweets because we follow people who like us, appreciate the f*ckery.  I don't care because it's hilarious to me and someone else thought it was hilarious too, that's why it made it's way to these internets. 


But Black people...Black people crack me up.  I swear I can never comprehend racism against Black people because I find humor in most things we do, albeit ignorant (sometimes).  We have such a colorful and ostentatious way of being, as a whole.  We come up with a new slang word every day (I just learned what bando means and am determined to use it) and a new dance every three months, and I am here for it!  I would not want to be any other race.


I just started reading Lena Dunham's new book "Not That Kind of Girl", and I feel like I tapped into the psyche of white people and it's not as funny.  I'm not sure what that says about me.  It's obvious that one reason I cannot relate is because of cultural differences.  But it's almost like Black people don't seem to have to try so hard to be ridiculous and carefree and funny.  Except Kevin Hart.  Kevin Hart tries too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment